Jul 20, 2014

BLUE IN QUEENS

eShakti top (code: "highstitchvoices" for 10% off storewide), Zara shorts and shoes, vidakush necklace

I don't know what it is about the color blue, but it's my favorite color this season other than the usual neutrals. I've been reading Maggie Nelson's beautiful book of poetry Bluets, and that may be partially why I keep on thinking an unnecessary, almost inane, amount about the color, but I've come to the consensus that I don't care if over half the population's favorite color is blue, because I love it, too. She writes on the color blue as a favorite color: "It is tempting to derive some kind of maturity narrative here: eventually we sober up and grow out of our rash love of intensity (i.e. red); eventually we learn to love more subtle things with more subtlety, etc., etc. But my love for blue has never felt to me like a maturing... for the fact is that one can maintain a chromophilic recklessness well into adulthood."

               Visit: on Lookbook | on Twitter | on Bloglovin' | on Instagram | on Youtube | on Facebook | on Tumblr

12 comments:

  1. Love this! Such an effortlessly cool outfit! And those shorts are especially adorable!

    http://fashamorphosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great top! I'm still in love with peplums even though I think that whole craze has passed.

    Taylor | www.teamarieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. In love with this whole look, especially that top! So cute <3

    www.stylemeendless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit especially the shoes and crochet shorts

    http://fashionsliceit.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice look <3

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! Love it!

    ps: Come join my OASAP Coat Giveaway because the rules are so simple and the prize is great!!
    http://fashion-spike.blogspot.ro/2014/11/oasap-cap-coat-giveaway-international.html

    - if you want to follow each other, just let me know

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice post. love this outfit! the shorts are so cute :)
    very inspiring blog.
    lets follow eachother! just let me know and I will follow back :)

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so beautiful! Great post! Fabulous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so cute, like your outfit, too ღ
    Visit our blogger platform www.dressed-to-kill.com :)❤

    ReplyDelete